The target group, as defined in the public tender for the project, is young people with special needs (younger than 29 years of age) from one of the following categories:
- children with intellectual disabilities,
- blind or visually impaired children,
- deaf or hearing impaired children,
- children with speech impairment,
- physically disabled children,
- chronically ill children,
- children with autistic spectrum disorders, or
- children with emotional or behavioural deficit/disorders
for whom major problems are anticipated during their transition to the labour market and during their employment.
The YOUTH TRANSITION project will serve 2100 young people with special needs.